Anxiety and depression are the diseases of the present. Many people are falling victim to them at an increasing rate. Not even the richest of people can escape this at any point in their lives, because, you know, this doesn’t even have to do anything with finance. Or does it? Maybe for a few of us.
I have always been against our society’s concepts, always fighting against it. Jobs, money, drugs, alcohol, sex, backstabbing, blackmailing have always been the norm where I live and that made it harder.
One of the most invasive ones is having a job. To work for someone from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm sometimes even more than that is pure slavery. There is enough land for everybody, enough food for everybody, enough technology for everyone. So why this?
Since ancient times, tribes have always needed to establish a leader. They would select the most aggressive, able to think and make decisions more than the rest of the tribe. Someone suited to lead them to hunt, to build etc.
Everyone had to work for their own survival, but this work is not the same as the one being done in the present.
Present society works on almost the same pattern, except it’s the equation that triggers the gap between slavery and survival.
The main culprit is money. A piece of paper that holds some kind of exchange value. Can be replicated as many times as possible with the consequence of inflation in the modern social economy.
Is there really a need to have a society in which everyone works for someone else, making them rich while we, the ones that work, waste our precious and short time on this earth, our peace, never having enough food, enough money to pay the bills, enough money to get medical assistance or medicine?
Why do we do it? Is it because we are bored and need some satisfaction? Or is it because our egocentric natures determine our actions. This is a society built on meritocracy concepts. Who works the hardest, gets the high prizes, while those that try to avoid the system, either perish or will never have enough to live by.
Face it, there is an elite controlling the money supply, dictating what we do or what we don’t do. It gives those few the power to rule the world, to watch over the ones that aren’t awakened enough to survive on their own.
So, as I was saying, anxiety and depression are the most common diseases plaguing the world. They are the direct side effects of working for someone else, of not being happy with oneself. Most of the times, humans tend to rely on drugs, alcohol, sex to relieve this feeling of emptiness, guilt, sorrow etc.
I found a better alternative to relieving anxiety or depression (but of course, it’s usually better to seek professional help from a psychologist if it’s too much to handle).
How to relieve anxiety and depression symptoms and improve mental state
The following list may help or may not, depending on the person reading this:
- Out of body experience
- Music – Listen to peaceful music to counter depression and anxiety. Make sure the music selection is good. Classical music or thunderstorm sounds do the trick.
- Training – Exercising is a major factor in keeping anxiety or depression under control. Other positive effects include:
- an increase of testosterone or hormones balance,
- default cardio,
- physical strength,
- a boost of energy,
- appetite increase.
- Less masturbation – This point applies mostly to men. When men ejaculate they release huge amounts of energy, leaving them empty or even gives anxiety. Beware though, do not force NOFAP concept on yourself. It does not work or at least not when forcefully stop. It needs to stop gradually. Also when the body really asks for relief, just give it.
- If feeling really depressed or anxious visit psychologist – Professional help is usually the best approach when the episodes of depression or anxiety are too extreme. Depression can lead to having dark thoughts, even leading to suicidal thoughts. Please get help if it gets out of control.
- Stop thinking too much.
- Make a list of the things you want to achieve and also make a list of the things you need to do currently. Use a chalkboard!
- Escape reality sometimes by playing video games or watching comedy movies to improve your mental status.
- Get some hobbies, passion like computers (like me) even if you feel like not doing it, get out of bed and do something.
- When you are really depressed, you start noticing that your life has no meaning, therefore you will be thinking what would mean if you were to suicide. Keep yourself busy all the time don’t let the mind talk.
- Avoid burnout from thinking too much or observing too much while at work.
I know this list might seem overwhelming at first. Don’t try doing them all at once. Try doing them one by one or do what you think suits you best. Every person is different, but we all want peace.
If my readers have any questions, feel free to post them. We will review them manually and approve with a reply. Thank you all!