Tata Consultancy Services FRESHERS interview
Recently, I applied for a job position on TCS (TATA consultancy services) in Mumbai through the campus recruitment program.
Initial thoughts were to give the test as it was my first ever job interview in my life and then see what happens. So I went to give the Aptitude Test which is the first stage of the recruitment procedure.
The aptitude test consists of pure mathematical questions. You need to know English and Mathematics very well. If you have poor English and do no know BASIC MATHEMATICS, then it is no use going and giving the test. You are probably going to fail badly!
Math questions are based on Sets theory, algebraic expressions, logarithms, binary mathematics, logical reasoning, basic operations, and it also tests your capability to understand english.
The questions are confusing at first, but if you read them carefully and if you know math and english very well, you need not worry at all!
The successive stage in procedure is the interview process.
There are two rounds in interview stage.
First one consists of technical interview, in which they ask you about the subjects you have studied. e.g. If you have studied electronics, then they will probably ask you about electronics stuff and a little bit of programming.
1. Do you consider higher studies? or do you prefer to do this job at any cost?
2. Tell me about your family background.
3. <some technical questions here may change from person to person> Nothing much to worry here. You need to be confident about what you answer. If you make mistake, you need to accept boldly. Before going for this interview, prepare yourself with some basic stuff of your branch of specialization.
4. Here you get to ask your queries. They told me what they do in TCS and what kind of job you can get to do.
The technical interview lasts for a few minutes (5-10 minutes) or more depending on the person.
After this immediately they call you in for the HR/Management interview. Now this is bit frustrating interview. You have to be prompt clear about yourself. Interviewer asks questions such as
1. Name 3 weaknesses and strong points of yourself.
2. Why do you need the job?
3. what can you do for TCS?
4. Why don’t you want to pursue higher education?
So this was it for me. But the questions can vary a little bit and the duration of interview can also be different for different individuals.
My advice is to be clear and confident. Do no lie! Show them your interest in joining TCS at any cost. Highlight your skills as much as possible, they give you a lot of oppotunities to speak about your skills and interests and abilities. If you want to qualify the interview, stress more on the last point I mentioned.
so thats all for now. You can contact me at anytime you want for more information:
Please use comments for communicating with me. No emails tolerated!